Here are the best tips I know to handle problems like a pro.
- The only people that don’t have problems are dead people, so, accept your problems and trust that they beat the alternative.
- Get bigger than your problem. People who are living a great life aren’t as affected by their problems as people who aren’t living a great life. It’s like this: If you only have one cookie and mud gets splattered on it, it’s going to feel way more significant than if you have a whole box of cookies. Get living a juicy life and your problems won’t matter so much.
- Plan for problems. Anticipate snags and address them in advance.
- Trust that solving a problem will evolve you. “What just about breaks you, makes you.” It’s so true.
- Ask for help. There is always someone else who knows the answer to what’s problematic for us. Find that person and involve them.
- Write down 5 small baby steps you can do to start taking the problem on. (You’ll be surprised how effective this is.)
- Know that everyone has problems and right now there are others on the planet facing what you are. This will help you feel less hard done by and alone.
- Containerize the problem. Decide to have a great day or life anyway.
- Write down 5 crazy, outside the box solutions. It’s amazing how creative thinking can sometimes give us fresh new ideas.
- Journal 5 ways your ‘Best Self’ might benefit from this problem. A communication problem with a child could give you greater empathy skills, a financial issue might make you more clear on monetary goals, a health problem could make you more committed to your physical wellbeing. Life is continually trying to evolve us. Don’t argue─grow!
Hope these were helpful. Please contact me if you’d like a complimentary idea session on how you can handle your own problems better and live YOUR BEST LIFE. Karen@personalbest.org