Making Your Relationships Healthier & Happier
As a life coach, I spend a great deal of my time helping people with their relationships. Sometimes that means helping the two people within a marriage, but sometimes it means working with a boss or a sister or a friend.
Relationships are challenging! And the closer someone is to us, the more potential there is for challenge. Because it’s when we’re up close and personal that our programming and patterning really shows up.
It’s easy to be loving and beneficent when we’re meditating or praying on a mountaintop. But at some point, we have to come down to earth and the hustle and bustle of the real world–what then? How do we react when someone isn’t so nice to us? And the people close to use are not going to be always nice to us. What then? Can we be loving anyway? Can we be kind even though?
Do you know what the biggest predictor of marriage longevity is? This may come as a surprise. It’s kindness. Why? Because when we are kind to our partners we create a terrain of caring that can withstand the appearance of an army tank now and then or a bull-dozer. And who of us hasn’t been in an armored car now and then, taking shots at our partner? Who hasn’t tried to plough over our partner’s needs once upon a time?
We all do unhelpful, uncaring things from time to time. And our partners do too! And if you want help with how you can handle your partner or be in a certain relationship more easily, click here and fill out the contact page and we’ll set up a free 1/2 hour “Idea” session to make that happen.
But for the moment, I want to talk about one relationship that is foundational to all others. When this one is solid and good, the other ones tend to do better. Have you guessed which one that is?
It’s the relationship we have with ourselves! Unfortunately, this is the one that’s so often undernourished.
Just to show how crucial our Inner Relationship is, I find that once I work with someone to strengthen their INNER Relationship, the outer ones just naturally get better!
So, how can you tell how healthy your Inner Relationship is? I’ve written down some attributes of people who are strongly connected to themselves on the inside. Check out which ones are true for you.
1. You feel at ease with yourself most of the time.
2. You are able to access your inner knowing or wisdom easily.
3. You are kind to yourself and generous when you make mistakes.
4. You are a great custodian of your energy and give yourself lots of what feeds you and avoid what drains you.
5. You don’t unconsciously ask others to complete you or make you look better through their fame, good looks, or accomplishments.
6. You can listen to various parts of yourself and honour them.
7. You regularly invest time and money in your wellbeing and growth.
8. You give yourself the exercise, food and rest you need.
9. You are clear about your needs and often ask for what you want.
10. You listen to your own truth, not other’s opinions when making up your mind.
11. You can stand other people disapproving of you.
12. You totally trust yourself.
Are many of these statements true for you? If not, or you would like MORE of them to be true, click below for a free, 30-minute Idea Consultation. During this time you will get
1. a clearer idea of which areas of your inner relationship need attention..
2. a deeper understanding of how your Inner relationship
impacts your life.
3. a strategic action plan for improving your Inner relationship.